Poetry is what is lost/gained in translation (Robert Frost / Joesph Brodsky)

Poetry is what is lost in translation (Robert Frost)
Poetry is what is gained in translation (Joseph Brodsky)

Not exactly translation, what constitutes this blog is more of retelling of Tagore's songs in a different language.

Language is the filter through which we imbibe the world that we live in. And, like filters, all languages are slightly different and the expressions create a slightly different image as we retell our images. This is a humble, if not crazy, effort to rediscover the timeless songs that we have grown up with. Our humble 'Ode to Rabindranath Tagore'!!

October 8, 2010

Dissolution (Megh bolechhe jaabo jaabo): মেঘ বলেছে যাব যাব

The cloud says 'I'll soon be gone...'

The night says 'My time is nigh!'

Ocean says "I end at the shores,

no matter how my waves are high."

Pathos says "I quietly remain and

and remind you of Him."

I hear my ego rediscover itself

bound to its own whim.

The world says "am ready with flowers

to greet and bedeck you"

The sky says "a thousand lamps

are lit for you."

Love says "I stay awake for you

through all the ages of time."

Death says "I guide the wind

on the sail of your life!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please do not be abusive, and please do not spam.