Poetry is what is lost/gained in translation (Robert Frost / Joesph Brodsky)

Poetry is what is lost in translation (Robert Frost)
Poetry is what is gained in translation (Joseph Brodsky)

Not exactly translation, what constitutes this blog is more of retelling of Tagore's songs in a different language.

Language is the filter through which we imbibe the world that we live in. And, like filters, all languages are slightly different and the expressions create a slightly different image as we retell our images. This is a humble, if not crazy, effort to rediscover the timeless songs that we have grown up with. Our humble 'Ode to Rabindranath Tagore'!!

October 12, 2010

How Melodiously Do You Sing (Tumi Kamon Kore Gaan Koro He Guni): তুমি কেমন করে গান কর হে গুণী

How melodiously do you sing, O talented one !!!
I listen in apt attention, in awe
The melodious glow spreads through the Universe
The melodious breeze floats through the sky
The force of melody breaks all the walls and it flows on,
My heart yearns to sing like you
But I cannot find my tune
I choke as I try to sing your words
and I weep in utter faliure,
How have you left me in this state ?
Everywhere, around me, you weave this web of melodies.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please do not be abusive, and please do not spam.